Under its Strategic Initiatives goal, the ICG aims to increase its footprint in a variety of areas that will benefit its member counties. Specifically, the organization will explore and/or implement the following:
- Training: Develop new, relevant courses based on national issues and trends
- Special Projects: Undertake special projects that benefit member counties
- Grants: Identify and pursue grant opportunities
- Emergency Response: Provide emergency response coordination at the State EOC
- Partnerships: Develop key partnerships with organizations that can further the ICG’s mission
- Funding: Pursue funding opportunities to help diversify ICG revenues
- Federal Coordination: Support FAC’s Public Policy Department by providing primary federal policy coordination.